Saturday, March 9, 2019

March post partum post

(3/9/2019 note: December - March were the hardest months for me, so much so that I didn't want to write or was too tired  to). 

March 18, 2018
Agh! Where does the time go?  

Here's what's going on 

Charlotte 
  • Her bottom two teeth popped up between last Sunday and this Sunday. There are her first two teeth! She's getting so big.  
  • She also started sitting last Sunday. She is getting better at sitting for longer periods before falling backwards. If she falls to the side or forward, she usually uses her hands to catch herself and then wiggles to her stomach.  
  • Thursday or Friday of two weeks ago (March 9 is), she army crawled on accident. She hasn't replicated the act, but she still does plenty of scooting backwards when she is trying to wiggle forwards. 
  • She still doesn't laugh, but now screams high-pitched screams when she is truly delighted. She smiles readily and when she smiles her nose scrunches up. Oh it's so cute. 
  • She is still waking up at 3 am no matter what we do. Lately she won't go to sleep for another hour or two. It's quite crushing for me. I just want to sleep so badly.  

Daniel 
  • We are all running on fumes. You are almost done with this term and you are taking next term off. So we are all rejoicing. You are currently writing your paper for your reinforcement learning class with your teammate at Pinterest, where he works. Exciting.  
  • Your scouts are completing merit badges and you are planning for a backpacking trip with them in July.  
Carla 
  • I am falling apart. I feel like I'm needed all the time. In the morning I'm with Charlotte, during the day I'm trying to work on my school stuff, when I get home I'm trying to help you with your school stuff, and at night Charlotte needs me. Weekends are just more time to work. I feel like there is no break. On Thursday I didn't sleep all night because I couldn't relax. I wasn't panicking, but I just couldn't stop thinking about all the things we need to do and wondering whether Charlotte was going to sleep through the night or not. I'm not sure what to do, but I'm telling myself to just make it through one more week and this weekend we will have some time to breathe and regroup.  



No comments:

Post a Comment