Saturday, March 9, 2019

August post partum

(3/9/2019 note PS you really should be friends with Shayla Frandsen. I think you two would be great friends. Her husband is a physics professor at BYU. She is a writer). 

August 2 
  
I'm looking back at the year and thinking "We did it! We survived the first year of parenthood." Feeling very accomplished right now.  
  
August 3 
Shayla Frandsen and her family are moving to Provo. I really think Ali and her should be friends. How does one force the universe to make this happen? Also, this is totally something my dad would do, so I'm trying not to be my dad because I find when he does this sort of stuff it's extremely annoying. Sometimes the pleasure of introducing two people is purely your own and they could care less.  
  
I used to be skeptical of Shayla and all her inner conflicts, doubts, etc about the church. But over the years I have come to really admire her. She shows up and we all benefit from her thoughts. Think of all the people who don't show up and never shape LDS culture from within.  
  
Sept 1 
Daniel and I had an all day fight about chores. It ended when Daniel said "maybe we should live apart" and I burst into tears. I feel like the constant nag, he feels like he's always doing something wrong, I have no idea how to ask him "positively" to help with chores. We concluded that we might give couples therapy a try.  
  
Today we went to the zoo. Unappreciated by Charlotte.  
  
Charlotte lifts her knee up now whenever she wants to climb on something, even if it's impossibly too tall for her. For example, the bathtub.  
  
Yesterday she grabbed a map of Rome and knew intuitively that it unfolded, as opposed to her usual waving around a piece of paper. She turned the map this way and that until she found the crease that unfolded.  
  
She has started to lean her body back because she likes to be upside down. I nursed her at bedtime and she unlatched (usually she falls asleep nursing) and leaned back off my lap so that she was swinging upside down. So funny. A second before I thought she was sleeping.  
  
Charlotte cries now when we take her out of the bath. She used to not care, but has recently started loving get bath more.  
  
Today she said "wow."   

No comments:

Post a Comment