Sunday, February 22, 2015

Serial, Star Wars and Misc.

Oh Ali! Your dress is so beautiful and you are the most beautiful person inside a most beautiful dress. I think it looks so great on you! And happy two year anniversary. I can't believe it's been that long. Seriously, the attic, the big bean bag, your mission call seems so close but so far away.

Those books sound good. You know, even though Daniel also served in the South I think he would be frustrated with Henrietta's people too. I think you are good in that you take people seriously no matter what. I will put that book on my to read list. Right now I am reading To Have and Have Not. I am not loving Ernest Hemmingway so much anymore. I really liked A Moveable Feast, The Sun Also Rises, and A Farewell to Arms. The books everyone else likes, haha. But this one just seems too rough. It's trying to convey the hard scrabble life of a fisherman in Cuba, but it is too drastic. "What the heck, they just killed his mate?!" "Wait, he doesn’t have an arm anymore?" "Oh man, shot to the stomach, that is rough." I just keep flinching through the whole book. I think I have read the Martian Chronicles. Ray Bradbury, right? If that's not right, then no, I haven't read the Martian Chronicles.

This week something surprising happened to me. I hung out with another girl for a couple hours kinda spontaneously. That doesn't sound surprising at all now that I am rereading this. I didn't realize that since dating Daniel I stopped going just hanging out with people. This girl, Laura, is in my ward and we decided to get hot chocolate on our way home from campus. And then we just chatted for three hours. Haha. And it felt so weird. Really familiar, because I can totally imagine doing something like that with you, Jordan or Amy, but so unlike what I usually do now. I just didn't realize how much my social life has changed until then. And it was so exciting to have someone who thought I was cool enough to just hang out for a few hours.

Star Wars. Daniel and I finished watching them in chronological order. I love Star Wars. That's all.

Serial. I finished it this weekend. I think Adnan is guilty. What do you think? Also, do all teenagers do drugs and have sex? So it's normal not to blink an eye at that, we just assume everyone does drugs and has sex and then decide whether or not they are a good kid from there up? That was surprising to me. Aaaand I really hope my kids don't do that stuff.

I hope to talk to you later today!

No comments:

Post a Comment