Friday, February 17, 2012

Please think this is as funny as I think it is.

I received this email in my inbox with the subject line of Funny. I always start laughing when I see it out of the corner of my eye as I'm scrolling my inbox. It's just so funny. Imagine my mom animatedly telling you this story. Emphasis added.

I have to tell you what happened yesterday. Dad was helping with Blue and Gold event yesterday at church. He took strawberries as a side dish. He told us the food was going to be tacos. He told us to go there to have dinner. When Paul came back from selling cookie dough and stuff for his baseball fundraising at around 6:15 p.m. We got ready and Paul, Ben and I left and headed to the Stake Center. We got there and the gym had a Hawaiian theme decoration. It was amazing. It felt like we actually were in a nice tropical Island. We didn't see dad serving the food. We were thinking that dad got mixed up (it wasn't tacos like he told us) We went ahead and served ourselves Hawaiian delicious food. (My mom is super-excited about this Hawaiian theme) I said hi to bro. George and other people in line and talked about how nice they've decorated the gym. Paul got to talk to Daniel George. Then he went to the kitchen to see dad. In the meantime Ben and I got our food and went to a table. I noticed the kid beside me was eating strawberries but how strange, these had the green part on it (dad had taken off the green part to the strawberries he took). Any way, when we were chatting and eating our food Paul came and told us that dad was in our church building. The Blue and gold event was in our own ward and we had crash in in the George's ward. I was laughing so hard when Paul was saying "Mom, dad want us to go right away." Ben had finished his food and I had to take my plate with half of my food uneaten. On our way out I saw Bro. George and told him of our mistake. He just smiled and offer us dessert. Our ward theme was you're a hero and the decoration had balloons and blue and gold tablecloths. The food was tacos and I had one strawberry. It was good. I still laugh thinking of our confusion.
How are you doing? How is your sore knee these days?
Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment