Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Band Names

Ok. We already know that I have a hard time staying...focused during church. I used to read the chapter headings to the Old Testament, but my selected activity this week was to search for band names in the Bible Dictionary. Here are a few that I have been thinking about.

Mt. Sinai
Solomon's Porch
Son of Man
Abner
Advocate (can you tell I looked at the s's and a's?)

Side note: the Apocrypha is chalkful (CHALKFUL!) of great band names. For example
Bel and the Dragon (I feel like this is already a band name and that is why I think it is so cool). The purpose of this story is to ridicule idolatry.
Book of Tobit
Book of Judith. Describes the murder of the Assyrian general Holofernes by Judith, a rich and beautiful widow of Betulia.
Book of Baruch
The History of Susanna: Daniel vindicates a young woman names Susanna against false charges.


So what do you think? My personal favorite is Bel and the Dragon.

2 comments:

  1. Bel and the Dragon is really nice. Perhaps the reason you think it's already a band name is that it sounds rather similar to Noah and the Whale both in its structure (NAME and the ANIMAL) and it's biblical connotations. I'm a fan of Solomon's Porch.
    I like this biblical band name idea; keep looking. (Cause, you know, we're on the path to superstardom. As soon as we form a band. And learn how to play instruments. And write songs.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoa whoa embarrassing grammatical error--
    *ITS biblical connotations

    ReplyDelete